Library & Information Centre
About the department
The library is an essential part of every institution which helps staff and students to enhance their knowledge through various resources such as books, newspapers, journals, magazines and electronic library with high-speed internet facilities, reprographics, Wi-Fi, etc. In addition to the general library, engineering departments have exclusive department libraries for quick and easy access to books by staff and students.
The library & information centre housed in the ground floor, with good ventilation and sufficient seating capacity. To cater to the needs of the staff or students, to have easy and speedy access to the library collection, the library has been automated using LIBSOFT software package. It has adopted an open access system and maintains an online public access catalogue (OPAC) to provide easy access to the stacks. The library subscribes to print journals and e-journals through VTU-Consortium subscription. It also has a rich collection of volumes and titles.
The library is a resource centre for teaching, learning & research. Being the heart of the academic centre, it is home to all the information services. It plays a proactive role in enabling access to all kind of information resources and providing innovative, responsive and effective services to meet the changing needs of the academic community. The major objective of our library is to provide the required information/knowledge at the right time.
The faculty and students are given access to various E-resources viz.
- VTU Consortim membership
- E-Shikshana Facilities
- DELNET Software (Developing Library Network – Delhi)
- NDL Reference (National Digital Library)
- NPTEL Materials (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning)
- SWAYAM Facilities (Free online Education By MHRD)
- E-Book facilities (DELNET)
- Library is fully computerized and automated using EASYLIB Software with DDC coding, Magnetic Scanner, Bar Coding facilities enables the user for faster accessing the Library.
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) facility makes book searches easier with various options such as Title, Author, Keyword(s) and Subject(s) etc...
- Book Bank/ Periodicals/ Back Volumes/ Audio Visual and Project Materials are
- Reprographic facilities such as Photocopier, Printer, and Scanner.
- 16 terminals are available for the users to browse the internet through 48 Mbps Broadband connectivity/ LAN.
- Current Awareness Service (CAS). This service provides the latest information to users in the area of Science and Technology and Engineering on demand.
The collection consists of
- CD-ROMs/ Pen drives/ Zip drives /AV materials.
- Number of video courses produced by various IIT's and NIT's.
This section has
- Encyclopedia/ dictionaries/ Textbooks/ Reference books etc.
This section has
- Technical journals/ general magazines/ newsletter etc.
Institute is a member of
- VTU consortium for library resources and
- National Digital library.
|B.E-Computer Science & Engineering||3000||800|
|B.E-Electronics & Communication Engineering||1500||400|
|Monday to Saturday||8.00 a.m to 7.00 p.m|
|Sundays||8.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m (During Examination Time)|